Ambasada Sjedinjenih Američkih država u Srbiji je raspisala konkurs za Fulbright Non-Degree Research Program za doktorande za 2019-2020 godinu. Rok za prijavu je petak, 27. april 2018. godine. Više informacija o samom konkursu možete videti u nastavku, a za više informacija se možete obratiti Ambasadi putem maila na BelgradeFulbright@state.gov.
Fulbright Non-Degree Research Program for Doctoral Students 2019-2020
Application Deadline: APRIL 27, 2018
The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Non-degree Research Program for Doctoral Students competition for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Fulbright Non-degree Research Program for Doctoral Students enables young professionals from Serbia who are already enrolled in a PhD program at a Serbian university to conduct research at a U.S. university related to their PhD thesis. Grants last 6 to 9 months, and the PhD students from the following fields can apply:
|American Studies||Environmental Sciences||Physics/Astronomy|
|Biological Sciences||Information Sciences||Social Work|
|Communications||Library Science||TEFL/Applied Linguistics|
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia. Permanent U.S. residents and persons with dual (Serbian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible.
- Applicants must hold at least a Master’s degree, and must be enrolled in a PhD program.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (selected candidates will take TOEFL test).
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants already studying in the U.S. are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
General Selection Criteria:
- Academic credentials.
- Significance and feasibility of the proposed research.
- Necessity to undertake the project in the U.S.
- Plans for popularizing the research findings.
- Adaptability and personal suitability.
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of Serbia.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not had a prior opportunity for studying in the United States.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, and sex.
- Applications are subject to pre-screening
- Applicants recommended by reviewers are invited for an interview conducted in person in English by a selection committee comprised of the Embassy representatives, U.S. and Serbian scholars, and Fulbright alumni
- Nominees are subject to final approval by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board
How to apply:
Completed applications must include:
- Online application at https://iie.embark.com/apply/ffsp;
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (can be submitted online by instructors, professors or work supervisors, or sent via e-mail to the U.S. Embassy);
- Academic transcripts/diplomas (certified translation into English or verified copies of original academic transcript and degree certificate – scanned and attached to the application);
- Official English translation of certificate for the current academic status (scanned and attached to the application);
- Valid results from the U.S. standardized test – TOEFL – if the applicant has taken this test in the past two years. Please note that we shall organize taking of the required tests for the selected candidates;
- Copy of passport.
Please scan all the above mentioned documents and upload to your online application. Please note that all items should be translated into English.
Nominated candidates will have to submit a copy of the original academic transcript bearing all official legalization stamps to the U.S. Embassy Belgrade. The U.S. Embassy will advise the nominated candidates to submit a medical history and examination report if and when necessary.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Any application submitted to the United States or elsewhere, separate from the official Fulbright Foreign Student program website noted above, will not be considered.
For additional information, please contact BelgradeFulbright@state.gov